- This event has passed.
VIDHI PARIVARTAN’S 1st NATIONAL JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION, 2021
December 25, 2021
ABOUT VIDHI PARIVARTAN
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill-sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic, extra-academic progression.
It’s committed for the cause of empowering especially the first generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Judgment Writing Competition, 2021, organized by Vidhi Parivartan presents an exciting opportunity to law students to step into the shoes of a judge and deliver a reasoned and well articulated judgment. The participants are expected to base their judgments on a thorough and diligent appreciation of the factual matrix. The competition encourages innovative judgments that have meticulously examined and applied relevant legal concepts.
- The competition is open for all law students, PhD academicians, legal professionals, etc.
- Only individual participation is allowed i.e. Single author is allowed.
- The participants shall be provided with a factual matrix and would be required to write a judgment based on the same.
- The participants shall write a single opinion. Multiple opinions are not allowed.
CONTENT OF THE JUDGMENT
The Judgment should inter alia include (in no particular order, except the Operative Part which must come last): –
- Determination of facts Admissibility/Maintainability
- Issues for determination
- Framing specific questions for determination.
- Relevant Legislation
- The arguments for both Appellant and Respondent
- Reasoning of the Court
- Reference to precedents and authorities.
- The author shall strictly adhere to the 20th Edition of Bluebook.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 layout with 1.5 line spacing and justified.
- Headings – Times New Roman – 14 – Bold.
- Main Body – Times New Roman – 12.
- Footnotes – Times New Roman – 10, Line spacing 1.0 and justified.
- Plagiarism allowed 15%
Note: In the absence of compliance with the guidelines and plagiarism limit will lead to deduction of marks.
- The participants have to submit their judgments on or before Jan 10th, 2022 by emailing it to email@example.com
- The subject should read Submission: Code – Judgment Writing Competition.
- The attachment should be titled ‘Submission Code X’ (i.e. the allotted code).
- Nothing in the document or in the submission email should reveal the identity of the participants. Otherwise the same would lead to immediate disqualification.
- In case multiple emails are sent by the participant, the copy of the draft sent last will be considered, both for the purposes of evaluation and also for awarding the penalty for late submission (if any).
|1.||Adherence to the Rules:||20 Marks|
|3.||Arrangement of facts and issues addressed:||20 Marks|
|4.||Statement of contending parties and framing of issues:||30 Marks|
|5.||Knowledge of legal principles, and citing of relevant case laws, statues, and opinion of jurists:||40 Marks|
|6.||Critical analysis of the problem and analytical reasoning:||20 Marks|
Last date for Registration: 25th December, 2021
Last Date for Clarification: 27th December, 2021
Last date to submit drafts: 10th January, 2022
Declaration of Results: 20th January, 2022
Rs. 100/- per Participant to be paid
The registration fee can be transferred to Ms. Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI or Googlepay at 8168515340.
- a) After making the payment, the Participant needs to fill up the Registration Form through this link – Click Here
- b) A confirmation email will be sent to the Participant after registration along with a Unique Registration Code within the next 24-48 hours.
- c) Registration fee once paid is neither refundable nor transferable.
For Competition Proposition, Click here
- Exciting Cash prize to Winner of this Competition
- Certificate of Merit to Top 3 rank holders
- Certificate of Participation to all the participants
- 40% discount on publication in Vidhi Insight Journal
- 30% discount on CV & Cover Letter drafting service
- Free mentorship call with our Mentor
- Access to free study material on law subjects
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or feel free to contact Ms. Saloni Sancheti: Manager, Organizing Committee via mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 8499953410.