- This event has passed.
Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st National PIL Drafting Competition, 2021
June 10, 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake a host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic and extra-academic progression. It is committed for the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Public Interest Litigation is directly filed by an individual or group of people before the Supreme Court or High Court for the enforcement of public interest, wherein certain legal rights or liabilities are affected. The person filing a PIL should not have any personal interest involved in it and should come up with clean hands so as to secure justice to the common people.
Thus, a PIL drafting competition can be a good way of bringing together vigilant citizens of our country to find out legal remedies to various burning issues prevailing in the society. Vidhi Parivartan is organizing its 1 st PIL Drafting Competition with an aim to deepen the critical thinking of the participants, by giving them an opportunity to question problems and appeal for solutions with a proper legal backing. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to think out of the box and try something new and challenging.
- Open to all.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, college or university are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
TOPICS FOR PIL DRAFTING
1. College irregularities and harassment to students during COVID.
2. End of Animal abuse
3. Human rights and atrocities on women
4. Making rape laws gender-neutral
The topic for drafting a PIL for this competition is not limited to above mentioned list. The Participants are free to submit a PIL on any contemporary issue which they deem fit and relevant considering the present situation.
- Each participant/participating team must submit ONLY ONE PIL Draft.
- If a participant/participating team wishes to submit any annexure to support his/her arguments contained in the Draft [for instance Reports, Commentaries, News Clippings, Pictures, etc] a compendium of all the relevant annexure must be prepared and should be sent along with the PIL draft.
- The PIL draft must be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th June, 2021 (11:59 pm) with the Subject line as “Submission of PIL Draft, Team Code _”.
- Any submission with any name reference or disclosing the details of the participant in any manner will be disqualified.
The PIL draft should not exceed the plagiarism limit of 20%.
- Non-compliance of this shall amount to disqualification. In case the draft of two or more participants/participating teams is found “substantially similar” to each other, both the participants/participating teams shall be disqualified.
- All the drafts must be submitted in PDF Format (.pdf) only.
- Title: Times New Roman, Size 14, Bold, centre aligned and in CAPITALS.
- Headings: Times New Roman, size 14, bold, underlined, left aligned and in CAPITALS.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size 12, bold and underlined
- Content/Text: Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5 and justified aligned.
- The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing.
- Do not add any border, background colour, images or watermark in the draft.
- Page size – A4, Page indent – Left – 0, Right – 0, Before – 0, After – 0
- Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the draft.
CONTENT OF PIL
- The PIL is to be filed before the Supreme Court of India.
- The PIL draft must contain all, and only, the following components:
- The Unique team code in the upper right-hand corner.
- The name of the Court & name/title of the case along with name of parties
- List of Dates
- Facts of the Case(numbered properly using bullets)
- Grounds (for filing the PIL)
- There is no restriction on the number of pages.
STANDARD OF EVALUATION MARKS
Knowledge of Law and Facts of the Proposition -> 20
Proper and Articulate Analysis -> 20
Extent and Use of Research -> 20
Clarity and Organization -> 20
Grammar and Style of Writing -> 10
Correct format and Citation style -> 10
TOTAL -> 100
- Registration Closes: 10th June, 2021
- Last Date for Submission of PIL drafts: 25th June, 2021
- Declaration of Results: 05th July, 2021
Single Author: Rs. 150/-
Co-authorship (Maximum of 2 authors allowed): Rs. 200/-
Payment shall be made to Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI on 8168515340 or to Anubhav
Yadav via Google Pay or PhonePe on 9355118912.
MODE OF REGISTRATION
1. The participant/participating team can register themselves by filling this Registration Form.
2. After the successful registration, a conformation mail will be sent within 24 hrs confirming the registration.
3. Each participant/participating team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references and communication.
PRIZES & PERKS
1. Exciting Cash Prize for the winner of the Competition.
2. Certificate of Merit to top 3 position holders
3. Certificate of Participation to all the participants
4. 30% discount on Publication in Vidhi Insight Journal
5. 50% discount on CV and Cover letter drafting service
6. Free access to study material for law subjects
7. Free 1 mentorship call with any of our mentors
8. Internship opportunity to Top 10 performers at Vidhi Parivartan
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact Ms. Saloni Sancheti, Manager,
Organizing Committee via mail at email@example.com or call on 8499953410.
Or you can mail your queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or on