- This event has passed.
VIDHI PARIVARTAN’S 1ST NATIONAL BAIL DRAFTING COMPETITION, 2022
September 1 8:00 am to September 25 5:00 pm UTC+5.5
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake a host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic and extra-academic progression.
It is committed for the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Any law’s effectiveness depends on how carefully it was crafted; as a result, it can either be a rose or a thorn in people’s sides. Perfectly written lawsuits, applications, writs of mandate, and other related documents will undoubtedly produce positive outcomes. Instead of subjecting individuals to utter hardship, law ought to try to improve their situation. As a result, a lot depends on how carefully lawmakers construct each and every law.
Vidhi Parivartan is organizing its 1st Bail Drafting Competition with an aim to deepen the critical thinking of the participants, by giving them an opportunity to question problems and appeal for solutions with a proper legal backing. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to think out of the box and try something new and challenging.
By exposing participants to some genuine practical issues and giving law students a chance to demonstrate their proficiency in legal writing, the Competition’s goal is to deepen and increase the level of analytical and critical thinking.
- The Competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. and LLM course from any recognized university/school in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Each participant must submit ONLY ONE Bail Draft.
- The Bail Application shall be drafted on the basis of the Proposition given at the end
- The Draft shall be drafted in English language only.
- If a participant wishes to submit any annexure to support his/her arguments contained in the Draft [for instance Reports, Commentaries, News Clippings, Pictures, etc] a compendium of all the relevant annexure must be prepared and should be sent along with the Bail draft.
- The Bail draft must be sent on firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th Sept, 2022 (11:59 pm) with the Subject line as “Submission of Bail Draft, Code _”.
- Any submission with any name reference or disclosing the details of the participant in any manner will be disqualified.
- The Bail draft should not exceed the plagiarism limit of 20%. Non-compliance of this shall amount to disqualification. In case the draft of two or more participants is found “substantially similar” to each other, both the participants shall be disqualified.
- All the drafts must be submitted in PDF Format (.pdf) only.
- Title: Times New Roman, Size 14, Bold, centre aligned and in CAPITALS.
- Headings: Times New Roman, size 14, bold, underlined, left aligned and in CAPITALS.
- Sub-headings: Times New Roman, size 12, bold and underlined
- Content/Text: Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1.5 and justified aligned.
- The Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing.
- Do not add any border, background colour, images or watermark in the draft.
- Page size – A4, Page indent – Left – 0, Right – 0, Before – 0, After – 0
- Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the draft.
- There is no restriction on the number of pages.
|STANDARD OF EVALUATION||MARKS|
|Knowledge of Law and Facts of the Proposition||20|
|Proper and Articulate Analysis||20|
|Extent and Use of Research||20|
|Clarity and Organization||20|
|Grammar and Style of Writing||10|
|Correct format and Citation style||10|
- Registration Closes: 30th Aug, 2022
- Last Date for Submission of drafts: 15th Sept, 2022
- Declaration of Results: 25th Sept, 2022
Each participant: Rs. 100/-
Payment shall be made to Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI or Googlepay on 8168515340.
MODE OF REGISTRATION
- The participant can register themselves by filling this Registration Form – Click Here
- After the successful registration, a conformation mail will be sent within 24 hrs confirming the registration.
- Each participant shall be allotted a unique code for further references and communication.
PRIZES & PERKS
- Exciting Cash Prize for the winner of the Competition.
- Certificate of Merit to top 3 position holders
- Certificate of Participation to all the participants
- 30% discount on Publication in Vidhi Insight Journal
- 50% discount on CV and Cover letter drafting service
- Free access to study material for law subjects
- Free 1 mentorship call with any of our mentors
- Internship opportunity to Top 10 performers at Vidhi Parivartan
- Internship Opportunity in the month of November to the winners at Kanoon Junction
- A free Course by Legal Soch Foundation on Criminal Drafting Skills to the winners of the competition and a huge 50% discount to all the participants for the same Course
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact Ms. Mannat: Associate, Organizing Committee at 8791876055 or you can mail your queries on email@example.com or on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Proposition – Click Here