- This event has passed.
VIDHI PARIVARTAN’S 1ST NATIONAL VIRTUAL PAPER PRESENTATION COMPETITION, 2021
October 9, 2021
About Vidhi Parivartan
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually.
The platform aspires to undertake host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic, extra-academic progression.
It’s committed for the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
About The Competition
Socio-Legal Study is the study of legal ideas, practices, and institutions in their social, cultural, and historical contexts. The socio-legal lens widens to observe operational and everyday legal situations, and diverse textual sources, disciplinary and cultural perspectives are considered. As we are aware of the fact, that society needs laws.
It cannot sustain itself without these “definitive laws” and these cumulative laws affect society in many different ways. Having definitive laws maintain the balance in society and is essential.
As law students, it is our responsibility to discuss such crucial issues prevailing within the legal system and ignite the flame of consciousness amongst the masses. Thus, Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st Paper Presentation Competition is an effort to find practical solutions or suggestions to such problems which will act as an aid in the process of implementation of the pre-existing laws.
Theme and Sub –Themes
Theme: Socio-Legal Issues in India
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Indian Companies
- Media Trial – The Role Mass Media Plays in Investigations
- Feminist Criminology
- Identify Theft in the Post-Internet Era
- Judicial Activism: A Necessity in Today’s Political Scenario?
- Maritime Piracy in the 21st Century
- ADR or ODR: The Future Ahead?
- The Brothel Business
Note: The above sub-themes are only indicative and the authors are at liberty to choose a different sub-theme as long as it falls within the ambit of the central theme.
Last Date for Registration:
19th Sept, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Last Date for Abstract Submission:
23rd Sept, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Last Date for Full Paper Submission:
06th Oct, 2021 (11:59 pm)
Date of the Competition:
09th Oct, 2021
Declaration of Results:
13th Oct, 2021
Distribution of Cash prize & Certificates:
15th Oct, 2021
All interested Academicians, Legal Professionals, Research Scholars, UG & PG students of law and any other related social science disciplines are invited to submit papers and participate in the competition.
The following fee is payable by the participants:
Single author: Rs. 300/-
Co-author: Rs. 500/-
The participants are required to fill up the registration form after paying the registration fee.
For registration form, CLICK HERE
The registration fee can be transferred to Ms. Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI at 8168515340 or to Mr. Anubhav Yadav via Phonepe or Googlepay on 9355118912.
- The submission must be original and unpublished.
- Submissions plagiarized beyond 20% will not be accepted.
- Word limit: Abstract- 250-300 words & Final Submission- 3000 – 6000 words
- A maximum co-authorship of two authors is allowed.
- A uniform citation method must be used by the author(s). Preferably 20th edition of Bluebook.
- The submissions must not contain any indication of the identity of the author(s). The body of the mail and the submission should only mention the team code allotted.
- Submission entry should be in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
- Multiple submissions will not be accepted. The first submission will only be accepted.
- An e-mail confirming the receipt of the submission will be sent.
- The subject of the mail should be: “Submission for Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st National Virtual Paper Presentation Competition, 2021”.
- All the submissions are to be sent in pdf format at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title – Times New Roman, 14, Bold, Underlined, In Capital, Centre Aligned.
- Headings – Times New Roman, 14, Bold, Underlined, In Small Capital, Left Aligned.
- Sub-Headings – Times New Roman, 12, Bold, Underlined, Italics, Left Aligned.
- Content – Times New Roman, 12, Justify Aligned, 1.5 Spacing.
- Footnotes – Times New Roman, 10, Left Aligned, 1.5 Spacing.
Rules of the Competition
- The competition will be held on 09th Oct, 2021. Timings will be conveyed to the participants 1 day before the competition.
- The medium of the competition is strictly English.
- Each participant will get a maximum of 15 minutes to present the paper.
- The participant must maintain the professional decorum at all times throughout the competition. Use of abusive or profane language will immediately disqualify the participant.
- The participants must ensure sound internet connection.
- Any sort of malpractice or doubts that malpractice might have happened will lead to disqualiﬁcation.
- Participants are advised to use laptop or desktop. In the event of non-availability of both, mobile phones may be used.
- The student will have to maintain a distance of one meter minimum from the laptop or desktop.
- The participants must use earphones and ensure that they are in a closed and silent space without background disturbances while the competition is in progress.
- While a participant is speaking, the other participant will be required to keep their mic on mute and un-mute only when asked to speak.
- Each participant will be allotted a unique code for further reference and communication. The participant will be required to use that code only. In case any participant is found disclosing his/her identity, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the competition.
- Each participant will be evaluated on certain criteria and decision of the judges invited for evaluation will be final and binding.
- An exciting Cash prize along with the Certificate of Merit will be given to the best paper presenter.
- Certificate of Excellence will be issued to the next 2 position holders.
- All the participants will be issued an E-certificate of Participation.
- Top 5 Papers will be published in Vidhi Insight Journal.
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact:
Email Id: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Saloni Sancheti: Manager, Organizing Committee
Email Id: email@example.com
Phone Number: 8499953410