- This event has passed.
VIDHI PARIVARTAN’S 1ST NATIONAL MOVIE REVIEW COMPETITION, 2022
February 4 8:00 am to February 28 5:00 pm UTC+5.5
About Vidhi Parivartan
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic and extra-academic progression.
It is committed for the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
About The Competition
We have all come across movies that focus on narratives regarding legal practice and justice system. While some seem to embody this narrative wholeheartedly, there are others which irritate us with its irregularities and unrealistic narrative. This competition is aimed at bringing the creative side of the legal fraternity to the focus, by providing them with an opportunity to review their favourite movie, while focusing on the legal aspects and perspectives that arose in the movie. We aim to spread legal information through entertainment means, by making it an enjoyable and knowledgeable exercise.
- Open to all.
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, college or university are eligible to participate in this competition.
- Only one submission per author(s) will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
Movies to be reviewed (Any 1 Only)
- Pink (2016)
- Rustom (2016)
- Section 375 (2019)
- Jolly LLB (2013)
- Jolly LLB (2017)
- Primal Fear (1996)
- A Few Good Men (1992)
- Provoked (2006)
- The Firm (1993)
- Mulk (2018)
This is a list of movie suggestions that can be considered; however, participants are free to write a review on a movie outside of this list.
Mode of Registration
Participants are required to fill in the Google form link provided below for the purpose of registration. The screenshot of the payment for registration should be attached in the Google form in order to successfully complete the registration. Once registered successfully, a confirmation email will be sent within 24 hours.
The link given below will be active till 10th February 2022 (11:59 pm).
Registration Link – CLICK HERE
- Registration Fee: Rs. 100/- [Only individual participation is allowed. There is no team participation.]
- Payment shall be made to Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI or Google Pay on 8168515340.
- Last Date of Registration: 10th February 2022 (11:59 pm)
- Last Date of Submission:20th February 2022 (11:59 pm)
- Declaration of Results: 28th February 2022
- All the reviews must be submitted in English Language only.
- All the reviews must be in word document only.
- The length of the review should be between 1000-2000 words excluding citations.
- Articles which are plagiarized beyond 15% shall be disqualified.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Details of the author shall be provided only in the body of the email while making the submission of the review. Do not mention any details in the review.
- A uniform style of citation must be followed throughout the review.
- Formatting Details:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Title of the Article: 14, Bold, Underlined, Capital
- Headings: 14, Bold, Capital
- Content: 12
- Alignment: Justified
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- All submissions shall be made to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject – “Submission: Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st National Movie Review Competition, 2022”
Note: Non-adherence of the above-mentioned guidelines will lead to disqualification. In case of any discrepancy the decision of the organization would be final and binding.
- Cash Prize of Rs 300 will be given to the winner of the Competition.
- Top 3 Contestants:Will be eligible for a free publication in Vidhi Parivartan’s Journal + Certificate of Excellence + Online Internship Opportunity at Jus Corpus & Indian Law Watch.
- Next 10 Contestants: Will be eligible for a publication in Vidhi Parivartan’s Journal (50% off) + Certificate of Excellence + Online Internship Opportunity at Vidhi Parivaratan.
- E-Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact:
Email ID: email@example.com Or
Saloni Sancheti: Manager, Organizing Committee
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone Number: 8499953410