ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Vidhi Parivartan is a legal platform that seeks to hone the skill sets of all the budding lawyers, aid the law students in all possible manner by optimum utilization of resources available at their disposal and thereby empower the legal fraternity eventually. The platform aspires to undertake a host of short, medium and long-term activities and programmes for the legal community to enhance their professional, academic and extra-academic progression.
It is committed for the cause of empowering especially the first-generation lawyers who face innumerable hardships in the profession. Moreover, it aims to live up to its motto of ‘Nyaydaanam Shreshtam Daanam’ through every activity that it undertakes.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The legal Sphere is not just about the academic aspect but a combination of both, the practical and the conceptual one. So, Vidhi Parivartan is back with another interesting and exciting event i.e. “1st National Case Comment Writing Competition”.
The objective of this competition is to promote the importance of the latest landmark judgment passed by the Supreme Court of India. This competition will enable the participants to know that how these latest judgments have changed the overall course of justice. The Supreme Court landmark judgments provided as the theme of the Competition would not only enrich the academic experience but also provide knowledge about the practical aspect of the professional legal world. This Case Comment Writing Competition seeks to promote original thoughts, and analysis amongst students, researchers, academicians and legal practitioners.
• Open to all.
• All undergraduate and postgraduate students, teachers, research scholars from a recognized school, college or university are eligible to participate in this competition.
• Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
LIST OF CASES FOR CASE COMMENT (CHOOSE ONE)
1. Swiss Ribbons Pvt. Ltd v. Union of India, 25 January 2019 [S.C. Upheld the Validity of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016]
2. Mukesh Kumar v. the State of Uttarakhand [ Reservation in Promotion 2020]
3. Indian Hotel and Restaurant Association v. State of Maharashtra [Blanket ban on Maharashtra dance bars overturned 2020]
4. Central Public Information Officer, Supreme Court v. Subash Chandra Agarwal [CJI Office comes under RTI Act 2020]
5. Hindustan Construction Company Ltd. v. Union of India [Section 87 of Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996]
6. Praithvi Raj Chauhan v. Union of India [constitutional validity of the SC/ST 2020]
7. Rambabu Singh Thakur v. Sunil Arora and others [Criminalization of politics 2020]
8. The Secretary, Ministry of Defence v. Babita Puniya & ors [Gender Equality in Armed Forces 2020]
9. Dheeraj Mor v. Hon’ble High Court of Delhi [Judicial Services 2020]
10. Shatrughan Chauhan & Anr v. Union of Indian [Death Penalty and Mercy Petition 2014]
11. State of Karnataka v. State of Tamil Nadu [Cauvery Dispute]
12. Navtej Singh Johar v. Union of India [ WP (Criminal) No. 76 of 2016]- [Sec. 377 Verdict]
13. Swapnil Tripathi & Ors. v. Supreme Court of India & Ors. [Verdict on Live-streaming Apex Court Proceeding]
14. Joseph Shine v Union of India [WP (Criminal) No. 194 of 2017] – [Striking Down of Adultery Law]
15. Justice K S Puttaswamy and Anr. v. Union of India and Ors., (2017) 10 SCC 1 (Validity of Aadhaar Judgment passed on 26th September 2018)
16. Indian Young Lawyers Association & Ors. v. The State of Kerala & Ors. [W.P. (Civil) 373 of 2006] – (Women entry on Sabarimala Temple)
17. Shayara Bano v. Union of India and Ors. (2017) 9 SCC 1.
18. Independent Though v. Union of India and Anr. (2017) 10 SCC 800.
19. Mukesh & Anr. v. State (NCT of Delhi) & Ors. (2017) 6 SCC 1.
20. Rajesh Sharma & Ors. v. State of U.P. & Anr., 2017 SCC Online SC 821.
1. The case comment should preferably include the following elements: Synopsis, background, facts of the case, issues, contentions, findings, reasoning, disposition, critical analysis, conclusion.
2. The submission must be original. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
3. Submission must be in English Language only.
4. It should be submitted in Word document format only.
5. Word Limit: 1000-3000 words excluding citations.
6. Plagiarism limit: 30%. Submission exceeding this limit will lead to immediate disqualification.
7. Co-authorship is not permitted.
8. Only one submission per author will be accepted. Multiple or incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
9. Details of the author shall be provided only in the body of the email while making the submission. Do not mention any details in the case comment.
10. A uniform style of citation must be followed throughout the submission.
11. Formatting Details:
(a) Font: Times New Roman
(b) Title: Font Size – 14, Bold, Underlined, Capital
(c) Headings: Font Size – 14, Bold, Capital
(d) Content: Font Size – 12
(e) Alignment: Justified
(f) Line Spacing: 1.5
12. All submissions shall be made to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject – “Submission: Vidhi Parivartan’s 1st National Case Comment Writing Competition, 2021”.
Note: Non-adherence of the above-mentioned guidelines will lead to disqualification. In case of any discrepancy the decision of the organization would be final and binding.
Marks shall be allotted on the basis of:
1. Understanding of the Facts of the Case (Topic chosen)
3. Analysis and Conclusion
4. Presentation and Creativity
5. Compliance & Strict Adherence to formatting and submission guidelines
1. Last Date of Registration: 20th March, 2021
2. Last Date of Submission: 1st April, 2021
3. Declaration of Results: 15th April, 2021
Single Author: Rs. 100/-
Payment shall be made to Nancy Garg via Paytm or UPI on 8168515340.
MODE OF REGISTRATION
Participants are required to fill in the Google form link provided below for the purpose of registration. The screenshot of the payment for registration should be attached in the Google form in order to successfully complete the registration. Once registered successfully, a confirmation email will be sent within 24 hours.
The link given below will be active till 20th March 2021 (11:59 pm).
Registration Link – CLICK HERE
1. Exciting Cash Prize for the winner of the Competition.
2. Top 3 Contestants: Will be eligible for a free publication of their case comment in VidhiParivartan’s Journal + Certificate of Excellence + Online Internship Opportunity at VidhiParivaratan.
3. Next 10 Contestants: Will be eligible for publication of their case comment in VidhiParivartan’s Journal (50% off) + Certificate of Excellence + Online Internship Opportunity at Vidhi Parivaratan.
4. E-Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
For any queries or clarifications feel free to contact:
Saloni Sancheti: Manager, Organizing Committee
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone Number: 8499953410
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Links to our Social Media Platforms:
1. LinkedIn Account
2. Facebook Account
3. Instagram Account
4. Twitter Account
Do follow us! Join us! Let’s Connect!